Continuation of serial comm
Spent the day trying to read data off realterm to see if ican figure out what the damn thing is reading. I can't seem to decipher it. After e-mailing Bill from Cloudcap, he told me that the data I'm looking at is the TELEMENTRY and CONTROL_DATA, but let's face it, these are 60 bytes of data, some signed, some unsigned some 8 bits, some 16 bits, some 24 bits, some 32 bits, I'm not going to decipher it by looking at it. So while Mr. Daniel is trying to get the plane to even fly normally, I'm thinking about e-mailing the guy. Then I had a bright idea of trying to figure out if we're on the right baud rate: 56k?. What are we, using a modem?! so I tried everything ranging from 300b/s to 115kb/s and it's all the same, bad data, except for 56k. So wasted about half an hour there. Okay, back to e-mailing bill to ask him if there is such a thing as a start byte or something to help me identify it. Then Daniel said somelike like "hey, there are some C files that come with the thing." Ok, so I looked into the C files, and it looks like maybe some of it could be useful. We'll see, till next time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home