So Dan and I came down 2 days ago and connected the piccolo system with the first computer and then connected the 2nd computer to remotely (wirelessly) access the piccolo and display it on flight gear. Everything seems to work fine except that I think that we will need a power supply that can output a constant 12V as oppose to a bootleg looking power used computer power supply that outputs something like 10.9V. It works because Picoolo is apparently made for 8-20V but the software complains that it is at a low voltage. I did some looking around and sent dan a power supply that I think we should buy. We'll see what happens. Good thing is that our piccolo system at least WORKS.
Today, I think I've just recieve the task that I think I will most likely be working on for awhile. It is an iPAQ which will serve as basicly a PC104 standin. On it is installed a distro of linux called fimilar which I am completely new to, and spent most of the afternoon reading about. I found out that it's much like any linux distro and so far my plan is to:
1. be able to communicate with the iPAQ via this Windows 2k system I'm sitting on right now.
2. be able to compile code (natively?) or compile it somewhere that I can run software it.
3. Read serial data with that software from #2
And from there I'll see where this takes me. Time for more reading.
Today, I think I've just recieve the task that I think I will most likely be working on for awhile. It is an iPAQ which will serve as basicly a PC104 standin. On it is installed a distro of linux called fimilar which I am completely new to, and spent most of the afternoon reading about. I found out that it's much like any linux distro and so far my plan is to:
1. be able to communicate with the iPAQ via this Windows 2k system I'm sitting on right now.
2. be able to compile code (natively?) or compile it somewhere that I can run software it.
3. Read serial data with that software from #2
And from there I'll see where this takes me. Time for more reading.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home